Goldfish are supposed to have a memory that spans only 6 seconds. This however, is a common misconception as studies have been done on this very topic.
Fish had their memory tested by a simple research design that required them to remember which tube to enter to obtain food. This tube was marked with a red light. When the red light location had changed. The fish still entered the tube with the red light. This test was repeated throughout a prolonged time period thereby busting the myth that fish have a memory of 6 seconds.
Anyways, I take my fish out on a picnic. We enjoy the finer foods.. Pasta salad, crappy tasting crutons and some salami sandwiches with some delicious sparkling lemonade to top it off. Mmmmm boy were we hungry. And who wouldn't enjoy the nice summer breeze looking at her all day?
Now what kind of date would this have been if we didn't have any entertainment? We watch kids play soccer at a local soccer net. One team got destroyed.. they had a fat goalie.
Being the goldfish I am, I teach the other how to
Another game I introduce brings back pleasant memories of my childhood. Paper airplanes. I brought along 2 pieces of paper and we design our own models of flight. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of my award winning airplane. I can however, describe how amazing hers was.
I will do so with a comparison you can try at home.
Step 1 - Obtain blank sheet of paper
Step 2 - Scrunch paper into a ball like you would to toss into a waste basket.
Step 3 - Toss said scrunched paper ball into waste basket.
You have just destroyed the distance traveled by Jazey's flight model. Congratulations.
Goldfish generate great memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment